Glass partitions act like room dividers between the workspaces of the employees. These glass partitions help the architects and designers to divide the office into different parts without sacrificing the spaciousness and the openness of the office.
Glass partitions are the best alternative for businesses having various departments in a single office. This ensures more uniformity and compartmentalization of the office.
Imagine an office with no partitions. Different departments like Marketing department, Sales analysis, designing department, and others are all working in the same space. This would create a chaotic situation in the office. The employees will hardly be able to concentrate on their work due to the commotion. It will also create an inconvenience for visitors to figure out where they wish to go. In these cases, getting glass partitions is one of the most effective ideas.
Types Of Glass Partitions
It’s important to know the two different types of glass partitions before choosing it for the office’s interior.
Glass partitions are mainly of two types:
- Aluminium Framed Glass Partition Walls
An aluminum-framed glass partition wall is the best for offices and retails. It helps in dividing the work area into several workspaces and rooms.
Aluminum-framed glass partition walls are also easy to install for a trained installer.
Benefits of Aluminum-framed glass partition:
- It provides rigidity and firmness.
- It gives the aesthetic appeal to the office ambiance.
- It is light-weight.
- It is cost-effective.
- It can be removed easily during the time of office renovation.
- It is also corrosion-resistant.
- It has a good finish.
- It also saves the room space due to less width.
However, one of the major disadvantages of these partitions is they can get water-stained easily. Hence, it is not a good option for offices situated in areas with heavy rain.
2. Full Glass Partition Walls
Full glass partition walls, from floor to ceiling, are made up of glass and give a professional appeal to the office. These walls ensure a proper and organized work environment and ambiance.
Benefits of Full Glass partition wall:
- It helps in the air-circulation and maintains the airy environment.
- As it is see-through and thin, they give a spacious look to the office.
- It gives natural lighting to the office.
- This helps in energizing the employees which leads to a healthy and exuberant work environment.
- It gives an aesthetic and professional touch to the office’s interior.
Again, these partitions also have a few limitations. The lack of privacy is one of the major concerns as anyone can see-through the transparency of these partitions. So it depends on the interior and the requirements of the office’s owner to choose any one of them or even a combination of both.
Pictures: Kova Partitions